May Post

Reflection:

Presenting my project last week marked the end of this year's Signature project and I am very proud of what I have accomplished. I was able to finish a database, analyze, research on psychological reasons, and interview 2 companies that engaged in CSR (corporate social responsibility) in Hong Kong. Most of all, I love presenting to the public and sharing to them my work. It was very insightful for me to see what questions the audience have.

Some of the challenges I encountered this year were planning out my project and data collecting. Initially, I wanted to focus on US companies. However, US companies' data are very difficult to find as they are not required to publicize these information. Hence, I had to switch back to Hong Kong companies and add different components to it, mainly qualitative analysis, such as the psychology piece and interviews. Another challenge was data collecting. It was very time consuming as I had to search each company one by one individually.

But with challenges, come successes. I am very happy that I can utilize my parents' connections and connect with 2 companies to do interviews. It was my first time officially interviewing and I am glad I had this experience as it was very eye opening. I gained insight to the business world and the corporate social philanthropy activities in businesses. It also led me to see what kind of business positions I want to go into in the future.

My next step would be to consolidate and compile all my information and present it to a potential company. Hopefully, this will create an incentive and motivation for them to engage in CSR. I also hope to gain a solid foundation of economics as my aspiration is to make an impact with a business approach, hence I will be majoring in Economics at UC Berkeley starting this fall. Can't wait to see how this will unfold in the future. Thanks for reading.

Link to my presentation:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KKcPyUByyhINb_KHxrqY3Qbg13kmsGExJsI9Jr3dWzE/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

  1. Thanks for your Signature presentation and all of your posts this year. I hope that you have a clear sense of accomplishment and pride. I am certainly pleased with your work this year. Remember to finish the year in good form!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2nd Post - Interview

March 2nd Post