October 1st Post

My original plan for my signature is to collect and analyze data of US businesses donating activity. However, I cannot find the exact donation amount because US businesses are not required to release this information. I tried researching in depth but still I cannot find a lot of information. I only found a general trend and very general data that I cannot really work in depth with. So, I changed my mind. Instead of doing US businesses, I will continue what I started during the summer at my internship and collect data of Hong Kong businesses donation amount. There is a large database where I can find companies' annual report and find their annual donation. I then put these data into a large excel sheet. Since the currency is Hong Kong Dollar and the names/categories are given in Chinese, I will also translate into english and change the currency to USD. For the past several weeks, I have been collecting the data (see picture below). I will then start analyzing by categories/industries/sizes. Later on the year, I will interview philanthropists and look at the psychological factors behind business leaders' to donate to encourage more corporate philanthropy in our society.

*it is in Chinese but I will translate to english soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Post

November 2nd Post - Interview

April 1st Post