April 2nd Post

As the presentation day is coming up, I have been trying to wrap up my project. My project is separated into two parts - qualitative and quantitative analysis. For the first semester, I mainly focused on quantitative which is creating a data set that includes top Hong Kong listed companies' donation amount by year, industry, and percent of profit. I then analyzed these data and made some conclusions. I also met up with a professional in the statistic field to help me with the excel analyzation.

For qualitative analysis, I conducted two interviews with 2 companies in Hong Kong that are key donors and leading philanthropists. They each have engaged in many business projects that bring value to the community yet they are also business strategies for the company. It is a win-win situation. I talked with them to get an insight of their projects and ideas to encourage other companies to do the same. I also added a psychology piece that explains different theories behind altruism. It was posted as a blog post.

I will begin making my presentation that includes all of the above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Post

November 2nd Post - Interview

March 2nd Post